then all the dealers from all parts of country would trade.... thats why some end up on east coats and some on west coast,, and some where from Midwest,,,,,,,, the problem is that if its a good title , they woudl get more scrutiny.. like the disney numbered posters and star wars... The problem Ive seen is how many posters demand high interest,, because then if so then the commercial reprints get made... Im sure this is case with the Twilight posters... My question is what poster has had any legs since Titanic.??? That was the last big seller I remember,, Maybe Spiderman... But not many Big sellesr.. I think because once they went PHOTOshop Images and canned the Illistators they lost the allure that made posters cool to collect... Only the Lucasfilm people with the Drew Struzan art seemed to recognize the art form/// Man the Illistartors made some great posters.. Amsel , and Struzan and Alvin, Peak and the many others were great!

Bruce Hershenson wrote:

The Raging Bull's were "wilding" posters, printed to be posted all over New York City. The guy Marty got them from was the guy who was supposed to post them, but he kept bunches of them (and lots of others), not for the collectibility, but so he didn't have to pay as many kids to post them. So any title that guy sold Marty were ones his guy had in quantity, and that keeps the price down. Marty sold these for many years. He didn't "discover" them 40 years after the fact! Bruce

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 7:08 PM, P Molitor <oldposte...@yahoo.com <mailto:oldposte...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

That's the guy! He *was* a kick to talk to. --Peter

    --- On Mon, 11/30/09, Tom Martin
    <dreamfact...@hollywooddreamfactory.com
    <mailto:dreamfact...@hollywooddreamfactory.com>> wrote:

        From: Tom Martin <dreamfact...@hollywooddreamfactory.com
        <mailto:dreamfact...@hollywooddreamfactory.com>>
        Subject: Re: [MOPO] Rolled Possible Fakes - brings up a quick
        question

        To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
        <mailto:MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
        Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 2:12 PM

        marty Lifshultz was  Poster people warehouse in Milford Ct.?.
        Formerly known as  MOVie Gallert- East meadow- New YORK - had
        Woodstock, and also Rolling stones Tour posters from Jovan tour..
        He was a large source of Columbia material and has many spnish
        release titles.
        he also traded with a whos who in Posters.. Like Richard
        Danilowitz who passed away- who was in Boston
        advertised In Movie collectors world for years as " Movie
        Gallery" and Poster peopel of Ct.

        Nice guy... wifes name was  Nancy and he loved his Dog alot!!
        ... met Marty in person at Javitts center in NYC when I did a
        tradeshow National staionary show 80s 90s?? for several years....
        did business with him started in like 1976 -77  he was a good
        teacher,

        Took a train to his east meadow shp and he had piles of
        posters... I rememeber he had cleopatra, sand pebbles and
        close encounters and many other titles in Piles of 100s...
        also Lobbie cards of every kind. sets///
        also he had fine art posters and some theatre....
        he also bought out Im told many reprints like Micael Savageu
        who started POFLAKE productions
        and made many nice reproductions like Hollywood Hotel and the
        thin man  and about 10 others....

        Also he bought out MPE Adam Fishman that had a line of
        reprints.... good titles liek war of the worlds and others
        alll were good.. But useually smaller then one sheet size...
        There was also window card size woodstock for the concert
        itself... window cards were printed in la by Colby poster and
        also by several others likeTribune showprint and enquier
        printing....
        the window cards wetre printed many by a Letterpress process..
        where leters are put on a grid and then the Ink transfered
        like a Guttenburg Letterpress .. cuts are made of Logos and
        art,,,some were done scree print and some litho print...

        I was a wild poster for several  Movie and record studios in
        80s for Detroit.,,, I will send anyone a window card from a
        SANTANA I also have a couple Dan Fogleberg
        tour for detroit I personally did the job,,, will offer  for
        20.00 + 7.00 sent flat. unused Poster I have like 10 left.
        many of the rock posters concert posters are being reprinted
        off the same machines that originally printed them with same
        art,,,, Its practically impossible to see the differance as
        they  are basically same type cardstock they used in 50s and
        60s. the process same.

        P Molitor wrote:

        I got mine about a million years ago from a feller who ran a
        place called something like "Connecticut Poster Warehouse,"
        which was, I think literally, a warehouse.  He had loads of
        them and, IIRC, he got most of his stuff from distributors
        and perhaps even an NSS warehouse.
Perhaps some of the old timers might recall his name, I think
        Bruce might have even scored some of his stash when he left
        the biz.
Legit poster though. --Peter
        --- On Mon, 11/30/09, Mike Davis <mikedavi...@hotmail.com>
        <http://us.mc315.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=mikedavi...@hotmail.com>