Dan O'Bannon and Arnold Stang were also omitted. Stang supposedly because he was better known for TV voice work (even though he did a lot of movies, including, most memorably, The Man With The Golden Arm). O'Bannon's omission was unexplained and is inexplicable.

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "JOHN REID Vintage Movie Memorabilia" <johnr...@moviemem.com>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Ryan O'Neal 'Disappointed' That Farrah Fawcett Was Excluded From Oscars Tribute

A rep for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences that Fawcett's ommission was "not an oversight."

There was apparently some additional criticism that they also left out Bea Arthur who starred in the movie Lovers and Other Strangers but obviously best known as a TV actress.

I guess they have to draw the line somewhere but I can understand how some people would be upset at the ommissions.

John

Website: www.moviemem.com

JOHN REID VINTAGE MOVIE MEMORABILIA
PO Box 92