I agree Tom and JR. As a "person", I hold doors, let people go ahead of me
at the supermarket, when stopped at a 4 way intersection, I will let everyone
else go since it's not worth having a heart attack over. As a "woman", I
remember the days that a man would hold a door open. Not always so these days.
I went into a restaurant the other evening, opened the front door to enter and
a young man, probably 30ish came out the door, nearly knocked me over and
didn't say a word. Thank goodness I had tennis shoes on or I'd have been on the
ground. Same thing happened to me at the post office recently. I opened the
door and a man was coming out so I held the door open for him, he jammed out
and hit the door so it closed fast and hit me in the arm. Once again, not a
word. He just looked at me like I was the one causing him a problem. Wow!! I
was in the supermarket parking lot last year and a kid about 17 yelled at me
when I walked by asking for money. I said "don't have any to spare" and that
verbally started blasting me with obscenities. I could here my dead relatives
yelling "respect your elders" in my ear!! I've heard and seen bad behavior
toward others and try to step in and give the perpertrator some "lip", but you
have to be careful these days as they may give you a big gun in your face.

     As for civility onlilne, well we have dealt with that many a time right
here on MoPo. Part of the bravado is the fact that the internet is very
annonymous. While we don't  have much control over the whole situation, I can
control my little part of the world and when I hear a bunch of s*** from
someone, I can tell them we reserve the right not to sell our frames to
a**holes!!

Sue

www.hollywoodposterframes.com