I had an interesting experience over the last few days. When I tried to list
some items on ebay with Turbo Lister I got a warning message saying I couldn't
list anything until I accepted the terms of the cross border user agreement.
There was a link to a page that didn't work. I phoned customer support and
asked them what the problem was. They said that a block had been placed on my
account and I could not list anything internationally. The rep said she didnt
know why this had happened as I was a Power Seller and Top Rated Seller with a
perfect record. Blocks are usually only placed on customers who have done
something seriously wrong. She said she couldn't find any violations but would
raise an appeal. This could take 72 hours to resolve.

In the meantime I was left wondering if I had unknowingly committed some sort
of "violation" which would have me blocked from listing internationally. I
decided to surf the discussion boards and finally found someone who had a
similar experience. Apparently, eBay has decided to force sellers to accept new
terms and conditions for selling "cross border" ie internationally. If you
don't accept the new agreement you cannot sell internationally. I finally
managed to find the correct link and I agreed to the terms which are quite
extreme but the choice is accept the terms or dont sell with us. Having
accepted the agreement I can now sell internationally. In the meantime I still
havent heard back from Customer Support who had promised to raise an appeal and
investigate the matter.

The thing about all of this is the incredibly poor level of communication. It
is not at all unusual that the reps have no idea of changes in policy so
phoning customer support can sometimes just make things worse. Instead of
blocking sellers from listing, surely to goodness, an email explaining that the
terms and conditions had changed would have been in order. They could then have
provided a link in the email so that sellers could peruse the agreement and
then accept it.

Anyway, maybe this will help someone else who gets a similar warning/block on
their selling account.

JOHN REID VINTAGE MOVIE MEMORABILIA
Website: www.moviemem.com
PO Box 92