From: Franc [mailto:fdav...@verizon.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 09:18 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] A Word of Caution to EBAY Sellers here -- Our Insane Greek
Buyer is Back!

MessageThis really pisses me off. I posted our concerns about our Greek client
on Ebay's Community Board and it was removed by Ebay. Here's my original
posting and Ebay notice of removal (see below). They suck big time. FRANC
Hello fdavidm,
We appreciate your participation in the eBay Community Center We are writing to
let you know that we removed the following post.
moemorabilia. We exchanged e-mail with each other and have learned that there
are at least five sellers who sell on Ebay who have been burned within the last
week by a buyer named panosnatalia 1968 who has gone on a shopping spree and
has not paid for any of the items he purchased. Worse yet he did that a month
ago to us under a different Ebay name which is proficient911. He sent everyone
of us the following e-mail :"<span style="font-family: 'Arial
Black';"><strong>I'm really,really SORRY,! Please,understand the economic
collapse of Greece is inevitable, and cancel the transaction. Forgive me for
all the trouble I caused you, but,unfortunatelly, I am not capable of paying
you. Money is so tied, and I foolisly got carried away with this item. I'm not
a crook or a rogue trader. Just a simple joe, who made a mistake. Thank you,
and please (again) I'm deeply sorry, so I expect your leniency. God
Bless..."</strong></span> We've each filed disputes and received our Final
Value Fees. We've even written to Ebay and asked Ebay to close this jerk's two
accounts. It's been in vain however. Why won't Ebay investigate this dead-beats
accounts. Why don't they protect their valued sellers? $B!! (J Why doesn't Safe
In order for the community center, which is based on the eBay Community Values,
to be a place where all members can feel comfortable interacting with each
other, there are certain types of posts we remove when they are reported to us.
The guidelines for posting in the forums are defined in the Board Usage Policy.
14: Posting listing reports or member violations. To report suspected
violations, please use the online forms on the Investigations page. For
clarification of this policy, please visit this page:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/report-trading.html
We understand that most posts that are removed were not intentional violations.
We invite you to take some time to review the Board Usage Policy via the
following URL for clarification about the types of posts that we do not allow.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-boards.html
Again, we value your participation in the forums, and we appreciate your
support.
Regards,
NaokoG
eBay Moderation Team