I think Kirby has a very valid point. I have collected for over 38 years and I
met collectors back in the day that started collecting in the late 50's and
early 60's and their main focus was early Horror material or Westerns. Many of
the collectors that started looking for "finds" in the later part of the 60's
that I know shifted to the classic titles. Perhaps it was that more and more
people were getting into the hobby at that point and trying to find items they
thought would be more scarce first off. I began collecting in 1973 and I
collected posters from my favorite movies, which happened to be Hitchcock and
MGM Musicals. Of course, I now wish my favorites had been early Universal
Horror!! Even the realart rereleases were dirt cheap then....

Sue
www.hollywoodposterframes.com