I didn't know we had to wait 20 years

At 10:04 AM 6/10/2012, Franc wrote:
Unforunately, Rick, I think you're assessment of English literature as it is currently taught in the US high schools is correct. Most high schoolers haven't even heard of Charles Dickens and they no longer teach cursive handwriting in grammar schools. So I'm presuming that in twenty years, we'll have an entire generation of illiterates who are masters of IPhone and nothing else.

FRANC
-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Rix Posterz
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:54 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] HIGHLY OFFENSIVE: Seriously? - slightly off topic

Methinks the state of education might be a bit different here in many parts of the U.S. If I'm incorrect in my assumption, I apologize for such an unspeakable inference.
                                                       Rick

In a message dated 6/10/2012 8:26:24 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, jboh...@aol.com writes: Both my daughters are A English students here in the UK, they did not study Chaucer but they did study Lord of the Flies, Of Mice and Men, Sense and Sensibility, the Rime of the Ancient Mariner as well as others.