If Grey's theory is correct, then isn't *FAR MORE LIKELY* that the
"misprint" is actually the *VERY FIRST* poster printed?

*THINK ABOUT IT!* The one-sheets are printed and someone sees that some
boob made a mistake on the copyright date. They ordered a new print run,
and while they were at it, they "improved" the colors (since they were
reprinting anyway). But they needed one-sheets right away, so they used the
"wrong date" ones until they got the "corrected" ones.

This would cover all the known facts, and it makes sense (a lot more sense
than that they needed more one-sheets in 1953 and someone altered the
plates and changed the date to two years in the future).

If the poster *WASN'T* printed *FIRST*, then the only reasonable answer is
what David and I said, which is that it was done two years later (because
only some more one-sheets were needed).

Finally, Grey, why do you say "*If *there is an item in our archive" when I
posted a link to a page in your archive that identifies it as a 1955
re-release? *The page says* "*Invaders From Mars (20th Century Fox,
R-1955)" and also "**This is a lovely, flat folded copy of the 1955
re-release one sheet!"

*Where is the "if" about that?

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 4:23 PM, David Lieberman <cinemasterpie...@gmail.com