Thanks to everyone for the input, and for confirming what I've always believed
to be true.

As for Transamerica - they purchased UA in 1966 and started to put their name
on posters in 1967 then started to separate that combined logo in 1968. I don't
know what the first UA poster with the the large T Transamerica logo was - it
would seem to be "The Thomas Crown Affair" in summer of 1968.

The earliest poster I can recall seeing with the newer logo was the foreign
style "The Graduate", which would have been printed in January or February of
1968. It was an Embassy/Joseph Levine production.

Matthew McCarthy
film/art
Original Film Posters
www.filmartgallery.com