Corrected again to include all fifteen (15) versions of the 1967-68 Graduate 27
x 41 1-sheet.  (There ARE 1968 Oscar posters without the Transamerica logo.)  -
d.

Bruce and Matt are correct.  Several years ago I wrote to MoPo about my
research of the Transamerica logo in relation to "The Graduate" one-sheet, a
film which premiered on December 21, 1967 but carry a 68/26 NSS marker or a
1968 copyright date, some with the "T" Transamerica logo, some without.

Cut to the chase (if you do not want to read what I wrote below) - The UA /
Transamerica logo made its FIRST APPEARANCE on posters in early 1968. -d.

=======================
GRADUATE ONE-SHEETS, 1967-1968.
=======================
THE GRADUATE TIMELINE - Poster release versions & history, updated 11/17/13.

* As an all-time nut of "The Graduate," there are at least (15) fifteen known
versions of the
one-sheet issued in 1967-1968.  "Pre-Oscar" posters are more desired, which
appeared with the
 film's premiere in NYC and LA on December 21, 1967 - and used until the Oscars
on April 10, 1968.  Look closely for distinctive Embassy Pictures markings -
vs. markings featuring the United Artists' / "T" Transamerica logo.  (Avco
Embassy markings appear on 1972 re-issues.)

* UA / Transamerica posters appeared AFTER the Embassy posters in early 1968.
Some
collectors refer to Transamerica posters for "The Graduate" as international
posters - but this is not true.  Some "Graduate" one-sheets with the
Transamerica logo have NSS 68/26 markings.  For now, the consensus is any
"Graduate" 1-sheet with an NSS 68/26 mark on the front and/or stamped on the
back was for the U.S. market.  Any 1-sheet without the NSS 68/26 marking was
for the international market.  First issue one-sheets do NOT have the UA /
Transamerica logo.

* Parenthetically, in the post-NSS era, there is confusion and controversy with
posters of contemporary movies without MPAA ratings.  Not all posters without
an MPAA rating are international posters, e.g., the "Saving Private Ryan"
double-sided advance one-sheet with the lone soldier image and no MPAA "R"
rating is NOT an international poster unless the UIP distributor's logo appears
in the lower credits.  The lone soldier advance with NO MPAA rating nor the UIP
logo - was displayed at theaters throughout the U.S. during the winter and
spring of 1998, up to its domestic release on July 24, 1998.  I put first issue
U.S. "Saving Private Ryan" 1-sheets in the "this film has not yet been rated"
category of advance issue movie posters.

-------Graduate Released, December 21, 1967--------------------------

1.   chalk drawing, NO Oscar logo - Embassy NSS 68/26.
2.   photo style, NO Oscar logo - Embassy NSS 68/26.
3.   chalk drawing, NO Oscar logo - rare NY Film Critics reviews style -
Embassy NSS 68/26.
4.   chalk drawing, NO Oscar logo - MPAA "M" (for Mature Audiences), Embassy
NSS 68/26.
5.   photo style, NO Oscar logo - MPAA "M" (for Mature Audiences), Embassy NSS
68/26.
6.   chalk drawing, NO Oscar logo - UA / Transamerica, NSS 68/26.
7.   photo style, NO Oscar logo - UA / Transamerica, NSS 68/26.
8.   chalk drawing, NO Oscar logo - UA / Transamerica, NO NSS, just "Copyright
1968" (intl.).
9.   photo style, NO Oscar logo - UA / Transamerica, NO NSS, just "Copyright
1968" (intl.).

-------Graduate Wins Best Director Oscar, April 10, 1968-------------

10. chalk drawing w/Oscar logo - Embassy NSS 68/26.
11. photo style w/Oscar logo - Embassy NSS 68/26.
12. chalk drawing w/Oscar logo - United Artists / Transamerica, 68/26.
13. photo style w/Oscar logo - United Artists / Transamerica, 68/26.
14. chalk drawing, w/Oscar logo - UA / Transamerica, NO NSS, just "Copyright
1968" (intl.).
15. photo style, w/Oscar logo - UA / Transamerica, NO NSS, just "Copyright
1968" (intl.).