This forum (like all forums) are set up with the sole purpose of bringing like-minded people together to discuss a common subject; in fact it still says that on the MoPo webpage "Movie Poster Discussion Group". But if one looks at one's inbox over any period of time, it looks more like a Movie Poster Advertising Group, to the point that it is the most common and voluminous subject to hit my mail box each week - it is simply, by definition, spam so why comment publicly when almost all there is to comment to is spam?

The opportunity to get in front (for free) of 370 odd people (and all one has to do is hit send) is obviously too much of a juicy carrot for some to ignore and so they take advantage of it.

I would suggest that one advertising post (or any variable of same) per week would bring back the talk and perhaps turn this into a Movie Poster Discussion Group rather than a Movie Poster Advertising Forum.

David Rew

JOHN REID Vintage Movie Memorabilia did previously state on 5/03/2014 11:35 AM:
Yes, I think you are right.

----- Original Message -----

    *From:* Neil Jaworski <mailto:neiljawor...@yahoo.co.uk>
    *To:* JOHN REID Vintage Movie Memorabilia
    <mailto:johnr...@moviemem.com> ; MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
    <mailto:MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, March 05, 2014 10:25 AM
    *Subject:* Re: [MOPO] About MoPo

    Hi John, I totally agree with you but we probably have to accept
    that - over the long life of MOPO - schisms have emerged & become
    fixed.  MOPO has become increasingly bad-tempered & tribal over
    the years and so terrific people who used to post don't now post
    very often.  I'm thinking about people like Andrea & Sue but there
    are many others.  Probably there's a silent majority who just feel
    it's not worth the trouble posting in case they get attacked.
    Neil