> hey platt,
> the source for the plant material is 'secret life of plants' by tompkins
> and bird. the particular section on music and plant growth refers to work
> done by dr TC Singh from Annamalai uni in madras, george smith, a botanist
> and agricultural researcher from illinois in 1960; mary measures and paul
> weinberger from the uni of ottawa, mrs rettalack and professor broman from
> denver.

Yeah, and thousands of children every year in school science fairs. I check
google for the effect of music on plants and found little to support the
"research" you cite. Reminded me of UFO and global warming "science."

> you seem incapable of empathy. have you ever had a pet? friends?

Is empathy an emotion?

> do you
> not know that DQ is love - they are synonyms?

News to me. Can you find a Pirsig quote to support your claim?

> how can love be the sole
> province of man? this is ridiculously and pathologically
> anthropocentric.

Is love biological then?

> david suzuki is the world's most famous environmental advocate, a
> geneticist from canada. your ignorance of him shouldn't surprise me but
> somehow still does....
>
> i feel sorry for you platt. your life must be very lonely.

Your sympathy -- biological?