Thanks to everyone for the quick replies! My main question was about the
phylogenetic PCA.

Ryan: yes my data are landmark configurations after Procrustes
superimposition. I understand allometry still has an effect after
Procrustes, so I have regressed centroid size on shape and used the
residuals. I have assumed all my specimens are adults so I suppose this is
correction for static allometry?

I didn't mention I'm using MorphoJ recommended by my supervisor. I will
definitely try the morphometrics R packages if I have more analysis.
MorphoJ is a little user-friendlier but cumbersome for some of what I'm
doing.

Many thanks!