Hi Carmelo,
Thank you for your answer.
My project tests for the influence of kairomones of a predator fish on the
morphology of Salamander larvae during its development. To do this, I take
pictures every other week of larvae spawned from six different females and
assigned to 3 treatments: No fish, 3 caged fish, 6 caged fish.

   1. I intend to use landmark 1 (dorsal connection of the tail fin) as a
   fixed factor. But I thought I may be able to use the tail tip (landmark 20)
   and head tip (landmark 48) as fixed landmarks as well. Do you think it's ok
   in an ontogeny experiment? If not, do you think it's ok to slide all
   semi-landmarks of the tail on landmark 1, and all head semi-landmarks on an
   eye landmark? Since the eye isn't part of the head contour, is it ok if I
   slide one semi-landmark to the eye and all rest semi-landmarks of the head
   one to each other as a closed shape?
   2. Is it ok if landmarks 1 and 39 slid relative to each other as well as
   41 and 55, since both describe a closed shape?
   3. Another worry I have is that landmark 40 which I used to create the
   comb fan for both the tail and the head is too far from both of them so it
   doesn't bypass the bending.
   4. I'm affraid I don't fully understand why landmark 40 can not be
   treated as a fixed landmark. In the book of Zelditch 2004, she says that
   one of the basic differences between fixed-landmark and semi-landmark is
   the degree of freedom, while fixed has two because it is docked on both X
   and Y axes while semi only on one of them (depending on the nature of the
   specific fan). Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what if I use the side
   line of the larvae (which is an anatomical/homologous feature) as my X axis
   and use the Y component of landmark 1 (dorsal connection of the tail fin)
   to dock landmark 40 on the Y axis? Is it wrong because of the dependency of
   landmark 40 on landmark 1 regarding the Y coordinate?
   5. Emma Sherratt told me she straightened the bent tail-body using TPS
   software in her paper Sherratt et al. 2017 - Nature ecology & evolution. In