-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ANDREA B
LOCKHART
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 12:20 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] {MOSAIC} Middle school reading motivators

 Hi,

I am new to the list, but I have enjoyed reading everything that has
been
coming through. I am currently teaching 6th/7th/8th grade remedial
reading
(students who are not served through special ed but who are below grade
level readers regardless). Many students coming into the class have such
negative attitude towards reading --something that I continually work
toward
changing. Does anyone have any ideas for motivating or interesting
lessons
that are geared toward middle schoolers--lesson ideas/reading
topics/"real
world" reading/fun reading/vocabulary games that might interest them? I
have
a solid base for my everyday plans, but when students lack motivation,
it's
difficult to interest and engage them sometimes. Any
ideas/advice/suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrea Lockhart