From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Patricia Duszlak
Sent: Thu 3/8/2007 8:06 PM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Listserv
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] new Basal Adoption

Hello Ann,
I am serving on a committee to adopt a new basal series, probably for
next year. I also teach first grade and a reading in the elementary
school course as an adjunct professor. I do know that the newest
Houghton-Mifflin is considered to be an excellent series. It has all
the necessary components of research-based five elements of reading
instruction. The other series that is equally well done is the
Open-Court series. I am not as familiar with the other series, but you
can be sure that they all must be based on reading research and the
NCLB requirements for reading by grade three!
Let me know how it is going. I will need all the input I can get!
Thanks.
Pat