3. THEN, look at the basal and any other texts to
determine where the stories would fit.
*********
Yes, this is similar to what I do.  I use the stories
and components that fit my yearly plan.  An
anthology/basal can be a good resource if districts
don't mandate every lesson, and teachers have enough
knowledge of how to teach reading that they know how
to choose the appropriate stories/components. I
generally use the stories as part of my shared
reading, but even that isn't an absolute.

Lisa
2/3 IL