In a message dated 7/20/2007 9:31:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Are you  meeting the needs of 90% of your students?

My district adopted HM last year and we are supposed to be using it with
"fidelty"-meaning we aren't allowed to supplement with any non-HM  materials.
One program cannot be the answer to everyone's reading  needs!

I don't believe that I am meeting the needs of many of my students.   They
read below grade level yet, I am teaching them weekly on materials above  their
ability.  Even some of the lowest level readers are too difficult for  many of
them to read independently.

I get very frustrated teaching reading, sometimes I wish I just teach the
other subjects and skip reading.

Rosie