Christina - Building on Kendra's thoughts of different models of
presentation--the opening literature selections in the Mosaic chapters are
almost beyond powerful.  How could you go wrong starting with them?  Then you
could mix it up a bit and some "lecture" might be effective.  Bev> Christina,>
I heard a great report on NPR a few years ago. It told about a school in
Chicago that each year got more people on board until the whole school was in
agreement. I think this allows teachers not to feel pressured to starting
something new- which can be so intimidating. Therefore, you might use the model
of something similar to what Keene and Zimmerman did when they were first
learning about reading strategies. I think it would be important to allow
teachers to understand how they do it in their own reading. Also, you want them
to understand that this is not just another "fad" in education. I would also
think you would want to try not to present in too much of a lecture mode.
Teachers I know are more responsive to a different model of being taught-just
like our students:) Good luck and hope my rambling makes sense.> > Kendra > >