And your post got me thinking about the low levels I see in my fourth grade
students retelling when I conference with them. Even my students with excellent
reading abilities are giving shallow retellings. Your post is helping me
reflect on what I ask of them. Any pointers towards that end are appreciated.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Yes the Power of Retelling is an excellent resource and I am glad to own it
because it is my understanding that it is now out of print.... It is the
reason for my post.....

                Joy/NC/4
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org