I'm wondering if anyone is using guided reading in upper elementary.  It was
written into our strategic plan, yet no one seems to know how it works in 4th
and 5th grade.  I 've been able to find a few resources to purchase, but
haven't yet. One is from Fountas and Pinnell, and the other was from Four
Blocks (Big Blocks model).  Basically I'd like to know which resource would be
better to buy, and also if anyone can tell me what guided reading looks like
and involves at this level.  Is it effective?  Do you it like or dislike?
Pros/cons?

Thanks,
Mary