What were your organizers like that you used while you read?  Are they in
the files section? I struggle with giving the students grades over their
comprehension of their novels.  Right now, I have them complete a reflection
journal as the read.  They predict before reading, write wonderings during
reading, and write a one sentence summary and a reflection statement after
reading.  They do this each day.  I'm just not sure how to grade their
journals.