Mellissa,
Will you share what your reading workshop day would look like with
Daily 5.  I am really interested.  Where should I start? What would you
recommend I buy to read?  How did you begin.  I also teach second grade
and am not familiar with Daily 5
Pat K

"to be nobody but yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night
and day, to make you like everybody else -- means to fight the hardest
battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting."

e.e. cummings