I started out the year with 32 in all day K, my first year from switching
from AM-PM.
I have had 28 since some movement of children in September. My wonderful
district gave me a terrific additional teacher to help in the morning and
switched all my prep to the PM. The only problem I am having seems to be at
dismissal which is because of mittens, hats, snow pants, boots etc. The
children  are
getting better at it and will probably become experts as soon as spring
arrives. : )

But what I wanted to say is, the difference I see between my half day and
all day experiences is that the pressure is off. I felt that I had to cram in
everything the all day K students were getting in a half day before.
Now we all feel much more relaxed and it is reflected in their behavior and
their learning. I hope that doesn't result in more curriculum being pushed
down.  But for now, even with 28, things are good.

Nancy

In a message dated 2/21/2009 2:27:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,