From: wr...@att.net
Sent: Fri, Jun 19, 2009 7:31 pm
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] themes

When I think about the theme of a book, I think of something like, "Friends
help
out in hard times."  I do not think just "friendship," but I know that some
people would give one word for a theme of a book. Which is more interesting to
you, the word or the sentence?
Jan

  -------------- Original message from Joy <jwidm...@rocketmail.com>:
--------------

> Beverlee,
If there is a group that can help me push my thinking, this is it. I'm
pondering

your suggestion that sentences are needed to describe themes. That is an
> interesting idea. Does the sentence narrow the concept, or does it broaden it?

I wonder if I struggle with this because our standards are given to us in bits
or because I am not thinking globally? I always thought I was a big picture
kind

of person, maybe I'm mistaken. I can see how things tie together, and have
> developed projects that are integrated, but struggle with the label.
>

> Joy/NC/4

How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go