From: Joy <jwidm...@rocketmail.com>
To: "Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group"
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] themes- friendship vs friends help
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:42:21 -0700 (PDT)

It was about thematic teaching, but what's wrong with going on a tangent about
book themes? My difficulty with themes is not limited. I think I must have a
mental block about this, as I get stuck with book themes, too!

OMG, if you all can help me learn how to identify themes you will have
performed a miracle. I will be a better teacher, and my students will be the
beneficiaries.

Joy/NC/4

How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org