Yes I too would like to get back to comprehension.  Know some will argue
that the child has to decode words in order to comprehend.  Some of us would
argue with that sequence as linear and so on.  WHATEVER!!!  The point of
this list is not discussing phonics.  Rather we go to the "heart of the
matter" which is comprehending the meaning of texts.  And I would say that
means listening comprehension, not just working with the print.  So let's
get started on our fall thinking.  Thanks elisa for pushing us back on
tract.

Sally