I think that reflective and knowledgeable teachers is the key to the challenges
we may encounter in the classroom.  I agree that if all we do is complain and
don't have any suggestion to offer then it's not a good thing.  Thanks again
for your comments.
Elisa

Elisa Waingort
Grade 2 Spanish Bilingual
Dalhousie Elementary
Calgary, Canada

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt within the heart.
—Helen Keller

Visit my blog, A Teacher's Ruminations, and post a message.
http://waingortgrade2spanishbilingual.blogspot.com/

Elisa,
I guess that sentence did imply that, but it was meant as a more generic
response to teachers who don't like teaching phonics because it's boring or
they don't comprehend the importance of it. So many teachers on other
mailrings complain about teaching phonics because all they have is an
adopted reading series from which to gain information. I suppose that would
cause anyone to hate teaching phonics. More and better teacher training is
one answer but that's also another story.:)

Deidra Chandler