I am curious as to what part of the program you disagreed with.

From: Susanne Lee <susannelee...@yahoo.com>

Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:01:55
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email
Group<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Reading Recovery

I did reading recovery for one year.   I agree, it is a very expensive program
to serve just a few children.   We did find gains, but I also noticed that when
they went to 2nd grade (I went to 2nd grade also), they did plateau.    In
fact, last year, I had 3 of my reading recovery kids and none of them gained a
reading level during the year.  I didn't believe in the philosophy of the
program and that is why I left after one year.   I also felt in the second half
of the year when i did reading recovery, I was more of a special ed teacher
than anything else.   I am not a huge advocate of the program, as you can