In our buiding we are to post the focus strategy for each content
lesson. I remember to do this some of the time. It has provided a push
for thoughtfulness around our basal.

For each theme of the HM Trophies, our grade level has identified a
comp focus. This has led to us teaching the strategy such as
compare/contrast for the first theme using the stories in the text. We
also used this comp focus in writing and it flowed from learning how
first/second grade were the same/diff to Frog/Toad to pumpkins in our
garden/apples. Then kids were partnered from a neighboring room and
learned to interview and then write compare/contrast paragraphs about
one another.

The second theme is being used to focus on sequence/story maps. This
seems to be working for a strategy focus using the grade level text
and moving from reading to writing. Anyone thoughts? Anyone else doing
something similar to add to this?

Thanks, Kim
second grade

and yes Beverlee, I too would enjoy working with you.