I also talk to my kids that reading is thinking about what you're reading.  If
you're not thinking then you're not reading.
Elisa

Elisa Waingort
Grade 2 Spanish Bilingual Teacher
Spanish Learning Leader
Dalhousie Elementary
Calgary, Canada

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt within the heart.
—Helen Keller

The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and
tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have
neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories
will hold water.
-Former US Cabinet member John W. Gardner

Visit my blog, A Teacher's Ruminations, and post a message.
http://waingortgrade2spanishbilingual.blogspot.com/