The more I think about the reading strategies, the more I think they are also *thinking* strategies. If you can't make predictions when reading, maybe you can't make predictions about what might happen next in your own life.... as an example.

Quoting Ellin Keene <ellinke...@earthlink.net>:
At the end of each chapter in Mosaic of Thought, there is a definition for
the strategy described in the chapter. If you email me off the list I'm
happy to send them to you as a single attachment and go into a bit more of
the history/research behind strategy instruction, though the bibliography in
Mosaic may help you. Best,
ellin