Oh wow does this ever take me back...the really strange thing is I can still
picture Dick Jane the cat dog etc.  I remember the story lines of some
stories even!
I was born in 1955 so Renee they still had it out when I started school.  I
do remember filling in phonics workbook pages with letter associated with
pictures.
Wow thanks for the reminder of days gone by!
Susan