Next semester, I will be doing a reading enrichment block with students who
 are fair to good readers but they need a little extra boost with
comprehension  to become much better readers. I will have from 5 - 10 students
per
block - one  block each of sixth and seventh grade.

I am thinking that I would like to use short stories, short non-fiction
passages and possibly short novels to hone their comprehension.

I have no budget to work with so I am looking to put together my materials
and I really appreciate any and all ideas fro this particular assignment.

Thanks,

June