I just got done doing "The Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury.  I found a lesson
on line and adapted it to my needs.  I can email it to you if you would like.
Took about 4 days total - but we also needed to work on some other things for
another class.  I teach 9th grade students who are non proficient readers.

Amie Brickl
9th Grade Reading Teacher
Cardinal Height Upper Middle School
318-8068

"I have no special talent.  I am only passionately curious"
~Albert Einstein
>>> Patricia Kimathi <pkima...@earthlink.net> 12/19/2011 3:24 PM >>>
I have used many stories from the internet with great success.
Classic short stories from authors like Ray Bradbury have really
caught on with the students I work with.  Look print them up and let
their imagination  work.   I usually have them draw pictures to help
the story.
PatK
On Dec 14, 2011, at 1:27 PM, mrsjro...@aol.com wrote:

> Next semester, I will be doing a reading enrichment block with
> students who
> are fair to good readers but they need a little extra boost with
> comprehension  to become much better readers. I will have from 5 -
> 10 students per
> block - one  block each of sixth and seventh grade.
>
> I am thinking that I would like to use short stories, short non-
> fiction
> passages and possibly short novels to hone their comprehension.
>
> I have no budget to work with so I am looking to put together my
> materials
> and I really appreciate any and all ideas fro this particular
> assignment.
>
> Thanks,
>
> June

> mosaic_literacyworkshop.org