June,
I would stick to all non fiction if possible.  I would also level the texts
based on students RIT ranges.  A few good sites to start from are Resources for
Idaho teachers.  House of Snakes is a real attention getter and there is lots
of info on the web about this real house!  Ugh!  Depaul also has a site but the
address is at school but maybe you could Google it.  Also Kelly Gallager has an
awesome site but preview all texts first for your audience for appropriateness.
 Look at Article of the Week. Hope this helps and all is well!
Lori Revel