As I have said before, this is the first year I am following the Reader's
Workshop model.  My district does not follow/support reader's workshop.  I am
lucky to have the freedom in my school to use any teaching structure I want.
Out of almost 70 teachers, only 2 teachers in my school are doing reader's
workshop.  We are trying to convert the other teachers in our campus.  They are
noticing how our students are engaged in reading and are forming a reading
community that is extending outside the classroom. However, people in my school
are data driven (specifically standardized testing data), and they will not
consider any instructional method, unless there is tangible evidence they drive
results (standardized state testing).  Ok, this was just the introduction, here
is my concern.  My students seemed to be enjoying reading and they are showing
evidence of understanding/applying the comprehension strategies/skills we are
working on in class.  Nevertheless, when they take one of those practice test
we are required to give, everything seems to go downhills.  It is like they are
unable to transfer what we are learning with authentic literature to the
context of the test.  I honestly don't know what to do.  I know there are
people in my school, including some in the administration, waiting to see what
impact reader's workshop has on test results.  Any ideas or advices.
HELP!!!!!!  Thank you.