Seems like if we "assigned" our children 3 x 20 that some of the parents
might actually see it gets done.  They don't have to worry about not doing
it "right" and they can, with minimal effort, feel like they did something
to really help their child.  In my experience, nearly all parents want
their child to be helped.  It's muddy from there about what they are
willing to do, but if they feel capable to supervise 3 x 20, that would be
an hour a week freed up in school for children to read, write, learn.  Has
anyone tried that?

--
‎"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not
fish they are after." Henry David Thoreau