From: rascal...@aol.com
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2012 5:02:37 AM
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Saddened by Administration Mandate: Students
and        Choice R ...

I love the book, Book Whisperer!!!  Up to now I have been able to  close my
door, however now we have 16 "walk throughs" that our administration  does
in a quarter.  When the administration walks in to our classrooms, if  we
aren't teaching exactly what is in our lesson plans (we've had to turn in the
week prior....that's another heated discussion for me)....we get marked
"down"  and they attach this to our pay.  The observation are 50% of my pay and
the  other 50% is based on how well my kids "perform" on the FCAT (which
again...is  another heated discussion)!
I will manage to "sneak" in what is right for the kids...but again, how sad
 is that???  :-(

Ali/FL

In a message dated 5/25/2012 10:00:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,