Words Their Way is a complete spelling program, which complements/doesn't contradict other reading and literacy programs. We use it at my school and with great success. it is quite labour intensive at the start, but gets easier.
Wendy
From: <re...@aol.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 5:45 PM
To: <mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Subject: [MOSAIC] Words Their Way

Hi.
We are looking at a consistent district-wide approach to spelling. Words Their Way is on our list (along with Sitton and Zaner Bloser) . I found this quote on amazon.com when pricing WTW: "It gives you all the tools you need to carry out word study instruction that will motivate and engage your students, and help them to succeed in literacy learning. Ordered in a developmental format, Words Their Way™ complements the use of any existing phonics, spelling, and vocabulary curricula."

So, if it's meant to "complement" an existing spelling curricula, what are some of you who use WTW using it with?

Please email me offline.

Thank you - so much!

Martha