Linda, CFIP is not mandated by the state per se but strongly encouraged. It IS
mandated by my district but each principal seems to have a slightly different
take on it.

It's usually a process employed by grade level teams or at secondary,
departments.

I like the protocol because I've seen it work. The nice thing about a detailed
protocol is that if everyone agrees on the protocol, personality and politics
are removed from many discussions. And, dont think of this occurring all in one
meeting. A cycle might last two or three meetings over a period of time...

Sent from my iPhone