From: mosaic-bounces+grumont.patricia.j=edumail.vic.gov...@literacyworkshop.org
[mailto:mosaic-bounces+grumont.patricia.j=edumail.vic.gov...@literacyworkshop.org]
 On Behalf Of Livingston, Marie
Sent: Wednesday, 29 August 2012 5:34 AM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] at home reading

My 5th grade team is looking for a way to revamp our students' at home reading
assignment/expectations.  We have asked students to read 20 minutes a night and
write a brief summary.  What we've noticed is that some students continually
"read" the same book or their summaries are boring.  A while back there was a
similar question posted and someone spoke of goal setting they did with their
students around pages read.  I want them to want to read and not just go
through the motions. We would love any suggestions!

thanks!
Marie

Marie Livingston
5th Grade Teacher
Tualatin Elementary School
503-431-4764

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in
error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using
attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage
or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not,
resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our
liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and
not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood
Development.