From: Livingston, Marie <mlivings...@ttsd.k12.or.us>
Subject: [MOSAIC] at home reading
To: "mosaic@literacyworkshop.org" <mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 7:34 PM

My 5th grade team is looking for a way to revamp our students' at home reading
assignment/expectations.  We have asked students to read 20 minutes a night and
write a brief summary.  What we've noticed is that some students continually
"read" the same book or their summaries are boring.  A while back there was a
similar question posted and someone spoke of goal setting they did with their
students around pages read.  I want them to want to read and not just go
through the motions. We would love any suggestions!

thanks!
Marie

Marie Livingston
5th Grade Teacher