Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:18 AM
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Rigor of Common Core in Kindergarten

Years ago when I taught kindergarten. I had one young lady who would not talk. But I could see her brain working when we talked about things. She would smile or look up or light up. I just knew something was going on. She would perform simple task witht eh rest of the clas just would not talk. Her parents said she talked at home. I just waited and gave her the same attention as anyone else. Never changed the way I treaated her included her in every discussion. The other students of course followed my lead. One day I asked her something and she started talking in full complete sentences and did not stop until she went to first grade. It was an unbelievable experience. We never do know what is going on in a child's mind.
PatK