I highly recommend reading *The Fluent Reader *by Timothy V. Rasinski.  He
has researched the topic thoroughly and has multiple ways of building
fluency in whole group, small group and with individuals.  Familiar
re-reading helps treat the "Matthew effect" where those who can read get
stronger faster...and those who struggle with reading continue to struggle.

Hope this helps!

Cindy

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Julie G. Martin <jgmar...@redwing.k12.mn.us