Hi James,

Well, it's pretty straightforward: The decoder's job is to find the
hypothesis with the maximum model score. That's why everybody builds
models which assign high model score to high-quality translations.
Unfortunately, you missed this last point in your own work.

Cheers,
Matthias

On Fri, 2015-06-19 at 14:15 +0000, Read, James C wrote:
> I'm gonna try once more. This is what he said:
>
> "the decoder's job is NOT to find the high quality translation"
>
> The  next time I have a panel of potential investors in front of me
> I'm gonna pass that line by them and see how it goes down. I stress
> the words HIGH QUALITY TRANSLATION.
>
> Please promise me that the next time you put in a bid for funding you
> will guarantee your prospective funders that under no circumstances
> will you attempt to design a system which searches for HIGH QUALITY
> TRANSLATION.
>
> James

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.