> Can and
> should we make a wider effort to facilitate the reproduction of systems
> by disseminating settings or configuration files? This dissemination is
> partially done by system description papers, but they cannot cover all
> settings [this would make for a very boring paper]. I put some effort
> into documenting my WMT submission by releasing EMS configuration files
> ( https://github.com/rsennrich/wmt2014-scripts/tree/master/example ),
> and I would be happy to see this done more often.

Compare with speech recognition, where the major open source toolkit is
Kaldi. One of its stated goals is to collect a set of recipes for
reproducing state-of-the-art results.
http://kaldi.sourceforge.net/about.html

I don't know how well they've succeeded at this. But it's an admirable goal.
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.