Csaba Borbola wrote:

> Dan Mosedale wrote:
>
> > <http://www.mozilla.org/mailnews/specs/proposals/LDAPAddressingPrefs.html>
> > is an approximate description of what we came up with (unfortunately
> > couched in my rather terse note-taking style).  We'd love to hear
> > feedback from any and all corners, especially from the current Mozilla
> > owners of the addressbook preferences UI.
>
> Based on your document, you you would like to have a UI for the
> following
> settings an the preferences pane related to the Directory server:
>
> Directory Name
> Hostname
> BaseDN
> Port number
> Login Userid
> Password
> Search filter
> Scope
> Don't return more than X results ?
>
> Do you want to store all of them in the prefs.js file?
>
> We would like to have stored the following settings in the prefs.js
> file:
> Directory Name (description name)
> Hostname
> BaseDN
> Port number
> Max Number of hits
> Anonymous or User login
> Login name
> Secure mode or not
> csid
> URI
>
> I would like to highlight the URI, which would play the role the type of
> the
> address book, would provide the filename for the local addressbook too
> and a lot
> of information we would put in it.
> For example:
>
> abdirectorymdb://abook.mab
>
> OR
>
> ldap://chilli.sun.com@anonymous:389<base_dn>:50:CSID
>
> Note: Of course, if we store these information here, we don't have to
> store them separately!
>
> What is your opinion about this?

The plan is to save all the preferences except password in the prefs.js file.
Since nsLDAPUrl is not completely functional yet, I think it is better to save
the preferences in prefs.js in 4.x style rather than going with the URI.

> There is an other issue as well:
> Presumable we would like to provide in the near future an Outlook direct
> accessibility from Mozilla. To support this, we will have to store some
> Outlook related preferences too and we have to provide some GUI too to
> get
> information in. This would be a really address book specific setting.
> Does it change anything for you at the moment? Does it do any
> implication
> to the present preferences issue?

I am not sure if this will have any implication on the preferences because  I am
not aware of what kind of prefernces need to be stored for outlook.

Srilatha