> > Jennifer, I looked at the screen shots and they are very different
> > from what we had in the proposal.
> >
> >    * Directory pane should be in the preferences either under
> >      mail/news or Advanced. The directory pane will be same as
> >      Directory Servers dialog you had in the screen shots plus an
> >      Advanced button.
> >
> Do you mean in  the Global Preferences (Edit --> Preferences) or in the
> Mail/News Account Settings dialogs (Edit --> Mail/News Account
> Settings)?  I'm guessing you mean the Global Prefs.  I think it will be
> very hard to users to find this here.  A problem that 4.x had is that
> users selected which LDAP server they wanted to search against in the AB
> pref panel, but it was completely unclear to them that they had to go to
> a completely different place to setup or modify an LDAP server. (They
> had to do this step first by using the menus in the AB.)  We should try
> not to make this same mistake.  It should be clear from the place the
> user selects the LDAP server they want to use, how to edit or add LDAP
> servers.
>
> Hence, if you want users to enable/disable LDAP autocomplete and (in the
> future) select which LDAP server to use, to be in the Mail/News Account
> Settings per account, editing or creating LDAP servers should be an off
> shoot of that setting not in a whole different location.

Actually we want to do enable/disable LDAP autocomplete in the mail/news account
setting per account now(not future). Then we have to put editing or creating LDAP
servers in the typedown pane. This we will have one per mail/news account(Edit->
Mail/News Account Settings).
Dmose, Leif any comments on this.

> >    * We need to have an Advanced options dialog.
> >    * The Autocompletion part of the Address books pane should be in
> >      the Mail/News Account settings. We will have one pane per
> >      mail/news account.(if Scott and Candice agree with this change).
> >      In this pane we will also have the typedown pane described in the
> >      propsal.
> >
> So, fo each account, the user should be able to enable/disable
> autocomplete and select the desired LDAP server (future)?  OK.

For now, not future.

> >    * Move rest of Address Books pane to Mail/News global pane (a la
> >      the SMTP server), with an eye towards moving it to a per-account
> >      pane in the future (if Scott and Candice agree with this change).
> >
> Move the rest to the Mail/News Account Settings (Edit --> Mail/News
> Account Settings)?  Or Global Prefs (Edit --> Prefs)?  And by "rest" do
> you mean the Collected Addresses settings?

Yes, move Collected Address Settings to Edit->Mail/News Account Settings.