Blair Sutton wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The movie clip everyone is looking for, Bill Gates as he presents the Windows Media Player system crash

Ok, guys. Here is the living proof that what I said about TB's presentation of file names is DANGEROUS, DANGEROUS, DANGEROUS! You MIGHT think this is a .mov file, since you can't see the .exe following it. Maybe if a few of the programmers get a virus from it, they will do as I suggested MONTHS ago and ALWAYS display the FULL NAME of any attachment!

I agree. If there's a restriction on attachment name length we should place the ellipses in the centre i.e. Bill...es.mov.exe. Thus making the extension clear as well as the beginning of the file name.
That would be much better than what we have now, but I still suggest only the full filename is satisfactory. I would rather not have ANY attachments window if it can't display the full filename.